Regular form of education
Specialty “Intellectual property and business”
Supervisor of the specialty: Prof. Dr. Vladia Borissova
Consultations: Thursday 10:00 – 12:00
Tel.: (+359) 2 8195 603
Conditions for applying
Graduates of a specialty in the fields “Economy” and “Administration and management” that speak one of the fallowing foreign languages: English, French, Spanish, Italian, German, Russian, may apply for this program. A document is required proving the knowledge of a foreign language. For graduates of UNWE that have studied in specialties that are lectured in a foreign language or include studying of a foreign language, a document proving the knowledge is not required.
About the specialty
The aim of the master’s program “Intellectual property and business” is to prepare specialists with economic and management knowledge in that way that allows them to work in all sectors of the economy and organizations whose business is based on intellectual property. The necessity of such specialists is justified by the transformation of the intellectual resources into a factor for sustainable growth and competitiveness in the economy of knowledge. The new role of intellectual property in the modern economy requires its good understanding and competent management. That generates the need of preparing specialists that know intellectual property and the opportunities it gives business. This master’s program offers such preparation.
The graduates of specialty “Intellectual property and business” can pursue a career as:
- government employees in the Ministry of culture, National patent office, Commission for protection of competition, Ministry of foreign affairs, Customs agency, General directorate fight against organized crime and others;
- employees, specialists and experts in international intergovernmental and nongovernmental organizations like the World intellectual property organization, UNESCO, CISAC, World trade organization and others;
- employees, specialists and experts in organizations for collective management of copyright and related rights like Musicauthor, Filmauthor, Artistauthor, Prophon, ABBRO, BACCO and others;
- specialists in music, film, publishing, software, advertisement and other companies, that create and manage intellectual products;
- specialists in radio and television organizations;
- associates in research institutes, business centres, tech and business parks;
- employees in companies’ units for innovation, scientific and technical information, marketing, advertisement and others;
- employees in law firms, organizations and bureaus that work in the field of intellectual property;
- intellectual property consultants, industrial property representatives
Graduates of the master’s program are able to continue their education in doctoral programs offered by IIPTT, other units within the UNWE or other higher education institutions inside or outside the country.