The "Industrial Property" Network has been established
On May 16, 2023, at the Institute of Intellectual Property and Technology Transfer (IIPTT) "Prof. Dr. Borislav Borisov" of the UNWE, the "Industrial Property" network was created as part of the intellectual property’s complex system and after the creation of the "Creative Industries" network in 2022.
The network was established with the participation of representatives of the academic community of UNSS and other universities, representatives of industrial property, patent specialists, experts, students and others.
Prof. Dr. Maria Markova, Head of Department „Intellectual Property and Technology Transfer“ and Deputy director of the research activity of the IIPTT "Prof. Dr. Borislav Borisov" presented to the participants in the conference hall of IIPTT the initiative to create the network as an environment for discussion and exchange of opinions on various issues from the current agenda of the industrial property in the Republic of Bulgaria, which are provoked by the legal and business environment, by the need for a unified approach in problem solving, including related to the implementation of European norms; presentation of reasoned consolidated opinions and proposals to the legislative and law enforcement authorities and institutions in the country on current issues of the creative industries along the "Academy - Business" line.
Assoc. prof. dr. Mihail Musov, Vice-rector for Research and International Affairs of UNWE, prof. dr. Maria Markova, Head of IPTT Department
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Michael Musov, Vice-Rector for Research and International Affairs of UNWE, expressed his support for another initiative of IIPTT, encouraged participants in their expert work and expressed support for initiatives in the field of intellectual property in UNWE as an academic environment, which stimulate educational innovation and expertise in the wide field of research activity.
Prof. Markova emphasized that the network has an open nature and the list of founders does not limit the joining of other interested persons and organizations.
The choice of the University of National and World Economy as the meeting place takes into account the historically traditional role of the higher education institution as an autonomous institution, and a tribune for generating and sharing new ideas and ceating alternative models for the development of our society.
The role of IIPTT "Prof. Prof. Dr. Borislav Borisov" of UNSS is to provide information services and provide assistance to Small and medium enterprises, to the research and academic environments, individual inventors and creators of innovations. The main activities of the network created at IIPTT "Prof. Dr. Borislav Borisov" include:
- studies on the protection of inventions, utility models, trademarks, designs and other objects of industrial property, created in the faculties of UNWE, preparation of an opinion on the benefit and expediency of their protection in the country and abroad;
- providing of consultations on industrial property issues related to projects, contracts and international agreements to which UNWE is a party;
- conducting training of teachers, doctoral students and students on the problems of industrial property;
- creation and monitoring of the Hub "Intellectual property of UNWE"
- carrying out studies (basic studies on the state of the art, novelty, patent purity, in case of infringements of rights, including interpretation of the results);
- advises the authors when formulating the requests (description of the invention, claims, drawings, etc.);
- organizing events related to increasing awareness in the field of IP
- consultations in the field of technological transfer and partnership with enterprises, with the aim of extracting the maximum benefit from innovations in scientific research activity and creating a favorable environment for the emergence and development of innovative business; in the commercialization of scientific results; upon conclusion of license agreements, assignment of rights; to draw up cooperation agreements and license agreements with industrial and trading partners;
- publication of information materials and many others.
Photographs: Yordani Damyanova