Cooperation with the European patent office (EPO) and the European Union intellectual property office (EUIPO)
Joint education of ICIB’s students
- The education process during the fourth year of studies in the two specialties of ICIB: “Intellectual property and business” and “Creative industries and business” for certain disciplines is carried out with the participation of international lectors from EPO’s Academy.
- The content of the courses is developed jointly by the EPO and ICIB.
- The education is certified and the students receive certificates for a successfully completed education from EPO’s Academy with their diplomas.
- For the duration of the courses there are webinars with the participation of international lectors and specialists in the field of intellectual property.
- Along with the courses, there is an opportunity for the organization of forums for discussions in which the participants are international and national lectors, students and participants in the courses from other countries.
PATLIB information centre
ICIB provides information and access to materials for the fallowing intellectual property rights:
- Copyright and related rights
- Industrial designs
- Utility models
ICIB provides the fallowing services:
- Helpdesk services
- User training
- Lecturer services
- Commercialisation of IP rights
- IP strategy development
Pan-European Seal internship program at the European patent office and the European Union intellectual property office
Pan-European Seal is an internship program that connects the academic circles and the labour market in different fields (intellectual property, law, finance, business, engineering and others) for the promotion and dissemination of intellectual property among the academic community. The program is carried out by the European patent office (EPO), Munich, Germany, the European Union intellectual property office (EUIPO), Alicante, Spain and their partner universities.
The program gives young graduates of higher education that have excelled in their studies, access to a year-long (12 months) paid internship at the EPO or EUIPO. The number of available internship positions is determined yearly.
ICIB is a coordinator on the part of the UNWE in the memorandum of understanding signed by the EPO, the EUIPO and UNWE. The Pan-European Seal internship program aims to establish a strong relationship between the EPO, EUIPO and UNWE. Among the goals of the program are:
- promoting the use of the online tools of the two institutions among the academic staff and students of the university;
- providing an access for talented young people to the labour market in the field of intellectual property;
- promoting multicultural exchange.